Friday, January 3, 2014

On Top Of The World: Arc de Triompe

Bonjour tout le monde,

Have you ever been taken aback by the sight of something beautiful? I feel like, here in Paris, between the Eiffel Tower and the city lights, I have been continually awestruck for the duration of my visit!


Most recently, I was astonished by my visit to the Arc de Triomphe with Ashlynn and Samy.


This 106-foot tall arch was erected in 1806 by Napoleon I to commemorate the soldiers who fought in the Napoleonic Wars. It took 30 years to complete its construction, and it is absolutely MASSIVE. The names of 500 soldiers are carved into the inside walls.


As it's free for students, we decided to take 284-step spiral staircase to the observation deck to soak in one of the best views in Paris.


I couldn't help but wonder just how many feet it has taken to polish these steps smooth...


The visual feast is inexpressible through words or tiny pictures. Traffic, monuments, lights, and clouds came together to take my breath away from 15.15 stories above the city.


Plus, as promised, the Eiffel Tower stood out marvelously from everything else.


If you ever have the chance, take the stairs to the Arc's observation deck, and try not to mind the wind!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?