Monday, June 10, 2013

Similicious + UPDATE

Bonjour mes amis,

Though I'll have wi-fi capabilities on the Université de Moncton campus, I've decided to also get a 2 gig sim card data plan through Similicious to use with my unlocked Galaxy SIII.


This way, I can access my bank accounts, use Google Maps, and have emergency phone service through Google Voice if need be while out and about without worrying about high roaming fees from Verizon.

The plan was only $35 with a $10 refundable security deposit: a fair price for piece of mind, I say. They even shipped it to a friend's Canada residence free of charge. Too bad the data only lasts 30 days, meaning I'll have to buy another plan for the remaining 13...

Once I'm done, I'l let you know how my overall experience is with Similicous, and if it was worth the dough. 

Until then,

À bientôt!

***UPDATE***

Unfortunately, even with an unlocked phone I was unable to use the Similicious sim card. However, customer service responded very quickly to my emails and did everything in their power to help me out. In the end, I receive a full refund and had a wonderful time without my cell phone (which broke during the program anyway.) Until then, there was plenty of free wifi all over campus and downtown.

All in all, I would recommend simply bringing a wifi capable device and downloading free text/call applications before you go.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. How did the Similicious plan work out for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I was unable to use their sim card even with my unlocked phone. I received a full refund, and had a great time living "off the grid" for a while.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?